The FDCI and Lakme Fashion Week presented their opening show on March 16 and the finale spectacular show came to a closure on March 21.
And for the first time two major fashion giants came together – Lakme Fashion Week and Fashion Design Council of India for a phydigital fashion show .
Here is Skinwrap’s pick for best 10 dresses from runway.
10. Payal Singhal’s Kismet collection was truly combination of western and Indian fashion, and produced a street wear look, giving absolute preference to comfort. The innovative style of Kurta- jogger, cropped top with skirts and pants was presented to the runway featuring the future of street fashion.
9. Masabaâ€™s collection was all exotic pop colors with cow prints and quirky floral patterns was quite appealing. Maxi dresses, oversized shirts and summers blouse with asymmetric skirts was main highlight of Masabaâ€™s collection. To style it with, fancy accessories was added fun to the collection.
8. Pankaj & Nidhi vitrines geometric designs in mini and macro pattern. They picked out bright pastel multi color for their collection. The basic elements were colorful, graphical and brought quite funky look to the complete look.
7. Shantanu and Nikhil’s– The duo popular for their classic and chic collection detailing both menâ€™s and female requirements. The structured shirts with Nehruvian details became instantly eye catchy in men’s fashion. Styling it with shorts will mark it in hot list trend. Summers here we come.
6. Payal Pratap created retro vibes for FDCI and lakme fashion. The designer chooses for a vintage style with cohesive colors giving it checks and strips pattern. The trench coat and long flair coats with updated version of woolen fabric could be a future trend.
5. Manish Malhotra collection was about classic bridal outfits. The collection consisted of metallic grey, shimmer silver with golden beats. The showstoppers of the fashion week for Malhotra were actors Kiara Advani and Kartik Aaryan. While Advani was dressed in a silver lehenga, Aaryan looked dapper in a black traditional outfit. The actress attire was metallic silver outfit with sharp cut blouse and long shoulder train. We loved the material used by Manish but that exposed stomach could have been draped better.
4. Arpita Mehta in her easy breezy collection with signature pattern was perfect summer look for a beachy holiday. The enriching collection followed by four definite design patterns of floral pattern, abstract print, leaf motifs and butti print. The collection comprised of soothing and neutral colors exploring unique elements.
3. Anamika Khana gives a contemporary spin to this dress with floral drape and designed the pleated accents,featuring with cutwork detailing on them.
2. Ritu Kumarâ€™s spring collection was retro inspired print with bohemian pinch to the tunic collections. Scarf was her keynote accessory and styling it varied styles was such a muse to designerâ€™s insight. The gorgeous piece in neutral tones are much loved for summer look.
1. And finally out top pick from season goes to collection by Ruchika Sachdev for her bold color schematics, minimal designs and streamline pattern. Ananya Pandey turned show stopper for Ruchika, wearing fluid pleated skirt with vibrant color blocking and a crop top with puffed full sleeves.
A big hand out to organizers for convening the show during these hard times, and we hope for things to get back to normal from next season.